Many people may not be aware of the fact that eye exercises also known as vision therapy are a viable alternative to glasses, contacts or laser surgery. For example, The American Optometric Association acknowledges in its journal that vision therapy is an essential part of the practice of Optometry in 43 states. In the case of pursuing such a program of eye exercises to improve your vision naturally, you want to have the assurance that you follow it properly, safely and correctly. Here are a series of guidelines to help you avoid making the 5 common eye exercise mistakes.
1. Don’t pay attention to the negative comments that other people make regarding the pursuit of your eye exercise program. People have a tendency to misjudge programs because they have never tried them. As such don’t allow their opinions to have a negative effect on your motivation. Keep in the forefront of your mind the value of the program: you are addressing the root cause of your vision problems with a solution that will give you greater freedom and visual independence from your glasses.
2. You shouldn’t exercise your eyes every day. Apply a similar principle in regular physical exercise such as weightlifting. For example, personal trainers don’t expect you to perform arm curl exercises everyday as the biceps require time to recover from physical activity. Similarly, your eye muscles also need a period of recovery from your program. Always skip a day in between your program.
3. Don’t take for granted the importance of eye relaxation techniques. These relieve stress and tension in the eyes; one of the primary causes of vision disorders making them just as important as the actual eye exercise techniques.
4. Avoid making the mistake of giving up. One of the essential keys to success in any eye exercise program is persistence and commitment. So to avoid giving up, set goals and acknowledge every bit of progress you have made along the way. Maintaining a positive attitude can go a long way in helping you achieve your vision improvement goals.
5. A common mistake that people make is the fact that they tend to overwork themselves when beginning the techniques. We can use the example of a guy who is a beginner to bodybuilding trying to build muscle mass and strength. That guy would start with light weights first and then as his body eventually begins to adapt to a more advanced routine, he starts lifting heavier weights. A wise bodybuilder listens to the signals his body gives him going according to the pace that his body is used to. Similarly, with an eye exercise program if you are a beginner, it is highly recommended that you start off with the lighter relaxation techniques. Do this before moving on to the eye muscle strengthening exercises.
There are a lot of common mistakes that people make when starting an eye exercise program. By learning the correct protocol you can avoid such errors. This ensures that you get a head start in taking the steps you need to take to rebuild and improve your natural eyesight.